Support STEM in your Community!
Become an Ambassador to the USA Science & Engineering Festival!
Please note - Participation in the Ambassador program is available to students within the United States only.
About the USA Science & Engineering Festival Ambassador Program
USA Science & Engineering Festival Ambassadors are a group of K-12 students, along with their parents and teachers, who support the Festival’s mission by spreading the word about Festival programs and events in their communities. The Ambassador program (formerly the X-STEM School program) provides kids the opportunity to work together and gain valuable leadership, organizational and social skills, all while helping to increase public awareness of STEM in their own community.
As an Ambassador, you and your fellow group members help to spread the word about USASEF programs in your community through:
- Social media posts promoting upcoming Festival events
- Hanging posters or flyers around your community promoting upcoming Festival events
- Sharing information about Festival events with other students, teachers and administrators at your school
As a thank you, active Ambassadors will receive the following benefits:
- *Free attendance at the annual X-STEM Symposium in Washington, DC, our “TED-style” conference for middle and high school students (grades 6-12). *Only Active Ambassadors are eligible and attendance is based on availability at time of registration.
- **Earn community service hours. You can track your hours worked from this site! **Ambassadors contribuiting over 15 hours are required to submit a log detailing their work
Who should participate and how to sign-up?
Kids, teens and STEM enthusiasts of all ages! We encourage you to participate as a group with other students from your school or family, but individuals are welcome to participate as well! Click the "Register Now" button to get started. Participation in the Ambassador program is available to students within the United States only.
Requirements and Other Information
Before registering your group, please make note of the following:
- For groups, one individual should act as the Group Leader and all Ambassador-related correspondence from the Festival will go to this person. We won’t collect contact info for all group members. We recommend an adult or student 16 years or older to fill the Group Leader role.
- A member of each group is required to attend at least one Volunteer Outreach Meeting annually to pick up flyers, posters and other materials for distribution. Dates and locations of upcoming meetings will be provided. (for Ambassadors located outside of the DC/MD/VA area, we will provide electronic flyers for sharing)
- Group Leaders will receive emails from the Festival throughout the year with updates and details on upcoming promotions and Volunteer Outreach Meetings.
The following are examples of Festival events that Ambassadors will help promote:
- Finale Expo in Washigton, DC, April 25-26, 2020 (Ambassadors will promote from Feb-April 2020)
- Sneak Peek Friday in Washington, DC, April 24, 2020 (Ambassadors will promote from Feb-April 2020)
- X-STEM DC 2020, April 23, 2020 (Ambassadors will promote from Feb-April 2020)
- Other events and programs may be announced
Please contact email@example.com with questions about the Ambassador Program.